Registration promotes continued professional development and is recognised as good practice.
It is a current requirement of most health professionals.
Healthcare Play Specialists are encouraged to re-register with HPSET every two years. When you have received an email with your username and password, please use the login facility (top right) provided to check the information we have from you, update it and plan for your next re-registration date.
Information for Line Managers re. Registration with HPSET
- Unlike the registration of nurses with the RCN, the registration of play specialists with HPSET remains voluntary – although there are moves to change to mandatory registration in the future. For this reason, our register is not open to public scrutiny.
- However, all qualified play specialists are encouraged to maintain registration with HPSET as it offers an assurance of service quality, adherence to a Code of Conduct, and a commitment to CPD.
- Where an HPS’s contract of employment specifies registration with HPSET as an essential job requirement, a lapse in registration should be referred up the line of management for a decision on the most appropriate course of action.
- HPS whose registration has lapsed may apply to re-join the HPSET register by submitting a Late Re-registration application, including Professional Development Profile, and paying the late application fee. Details available at http://hpset.org.uk/late-re-registration/
- A Late Re-registration application is assessed by a member of HPSET’s Registration Committee, typically within 6 weeks of receipt.
- An HPS whose registration has lapsed may not act as a student mentor/supervisor until their registration has been reinstated.
- HPS line managers may request the re-registration dates of their team members by submitting a list of names and registration numbers to the Registration Coordinator. This enables Play Coordinators and line managers to support HPS in the maintenance of their professional registration.
- Individual HPS should be encouraged to access their personal page of the HPSET website to check their own registration status and re-registration renewal date and to ensure that their contact details are up-to-date.