Information for Students:
- On successful completion of the FdA/HPS course, new graduates are allocated a HPSET registration number and their name is added to the Public Register of Health Play Specialists until 31 March of the following year.
- At the start of each year, all registrants are invited to renew their registration by submitting a simple online form before 31 March. New registrants do not have to pay a re-registration fee in the year following graduation because their first fee payment is covered by the £100 indexation fee which is paid at the start of the course.
- Thereafter, all registrants need to renew their registration annually by submitting the online renewal form and paying a fee of £30.00.
- A registered HPS does not have to be in HPS employment to renew their registration, but is expected to maintain their CPD through relevant reading, formal training (courses, conferences and workshops) and some practice experience (paid or voluntary). There is currently no minimum practice requirement.
- From 2020, all HPS listed on the Public Register will be audited once every three years and will be asked to submit a Professional Development Profile for review by the Registration Standards Committee.
- At the time of audit, the Registration Committee will make a decision as to whether the registrant satisfies the criteria for re-registration. If they have not been working as an HPS during the preceding 3 years, they may be asked to undertake a period of updating.
Please submit any requests for further information to Julia Whitaker, Registration Coordinator at email@example.com
Information for Students