Lapse prior to 2010
Any registrants whose registration lapsed before 2010, and who have not been in contact with the Trust since that date, have now had their details removed from the HPSET database. This is to comply with the demands of GDPR (2018).
This does not apply to registrants in the following two categories:
- Those who have voluntarily lapsed their registration due to retirement or a career break.
- Those who have been in contact with the registration coordinator regarding Late Re-registration or a Return to Practice.
Lapse after 2010
From the start of 2020, any registrants whose registration has lapsed for a period of 10 years, will have their details removed from the HPSET database, unless they fall into one of the two categories above.
Subsequent return to the register
A qualified HPS who wishes to return to the HPSET register following a lapse in registration of 10 or more years, will need to provide the following information before they can be considered for re-registration:
- Copy of original certificate of qualification (BTEC or FdA)
- Summary of employment history since qualification
- Late Re-registration Application (if employed in HPS role during preceding 2 years)
- Return to Practice Application (if not employed in HPS role during preceding 2 years)
Please contact the registration coordinator for further information.